About Oslo Business Region
Startups and scaleups/growth companies are driving the Norwegian green shift with innovative solutions and creating new jobs and value for the future. 14,000 people in the Oslo region are employed by 2200 startups and 188 scaleups (2019), and the between 2010 -2019, the value creation created by startups with growth potential and scaleups increased by 40%. $7 billion was invested in Norwegian startups and scaleups in 2021, an 270% increase from the year before.
Our five strategic goals
Oslo Business Region AS is owned and funded by the City of Oslo – Business Development and Public Ownership (NOE). Oslo Business Region was established 1 January 2014 and is a limited company.
We aim to build a world-class startup and scaleup ecosystem in Oslo, make more scaleups succeed and put Oslo, the capital of Norway, on the map internationally. Our five strategic goals are:
- More talent and investments to Oslo
- More growth companies in Oslo
- More business development between the City of Oslo and scaleups
- More insight that contributes to improving the competitive advantage for business and innovation in the Oslo region
- Improve Oslo’s reputation connected to entrepreneurship and sustainable business
Our value proposition
Oslo Business Region promotes opportunities in the the startup and scaleup ecosystem in Oslo, connects Norwegian scaleups to investors and talent, provides data and insight and builds the Oslo brand.
Our vision and values
Building a world-class startup ecosystem in Oslo.
We connect people, companies, industries and cities to create opportunities for sustainable business growth in Oslo.
Oslo Business Region is your go-to partner for startups, growth companies and the Startup Ecosystem in Oslo
- Insightful - We have the insight you need to strengthen your competitive advantage.
- Collaborative – We strengthen Oslo’s innovation eco-system through collaborations across sectors and borders
- Empowering – We provide you with access to the network and partners you need to succeed, in Norway and abroad.